SHOWER HEAD


I cannot recollect the number of times I have found warmth in you…
You understand my battles and you hear the echoes too
The echoes in these walls where nothing ever happens
Where hopes evaporate and happiness has fled
And every day is a nasty war, bloodier than before.
You have heard my chanting through the night
Praying and crying for redemption from life’s sinking sands
I find no peace here, I find myself in pieces here.

So I run to you for comfort
Alas I am weary and the tissues of my heart are worn out
Worn out from the journeys they wished I had traveled
in pursuit of love and the luxuries of life.
Reignite my passion to live on without fainting
Maybe I aimed too high.  Maybe I deserve the low



I like how your waters burn my skin
My skin reddens as I groan in pain
But I crave your touch…It is the only reality I understand.
Maybe happiness is not for everyone….
I learn this every day.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE STRANGE TALE OF THE GREAT IROKO

MY DEAR BROTHER, CURTIS.