BROKEN COWRIES

A sunken ship never contests with the starry skies
A broken heart never sings with the river birds in the morn
Why imagine risks when there is none?

I present a simple case: Love for you, pain for one
You envision tearful days ahead
but my immunity to these days scare my ancestors
An immunity so strong it leaves no room for sentimental sores to fester

What will cause my weary soul to leak toxic fumes of hate?
Hatred that turns a witch’s blood cold? I’m immune I said!
Misery is my company, and pain is my only joy.
Let me love you…let me shield you


Why torture yourself boy?
Please, don’t!
Don’t you dare love me
I’m broken too
Two broken souls cannot thrive in the sands of time

I will break you. I will break your will
I will empty you. I will extinguish you.

On love’s altar shall your spirit be poured
Till the gods of my land are drunk to stupor
You will be emptied like the shell of a king crab.
No emotions. No empathy but dark hollowness to fill your days.
My mouth speaks fire from my eyes.

STAY AWAY FROM ME!!
For our sake.
- written by Magus  http://focusedgriot.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/brokencowries/ and Awurama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE STRANGE TALE OF THE GREAT IROKO

SHOWER HEAD

MY DEAR BROTHER, CURTIS.